Saturday, April 5, 2008

foreshadowing

Eric is doing his final externship this month. He waited to schedule it until he matched so that he could extern at his match location and get a jumpstart on residency, get acclimated to the area, look for housing, etc...

So, E is at Washington Hospital through April 18 and has basically worked 14 hours a day this first week. He was in surgery this morning at 7 am and will do the same tomorrow morning. If he's not called in, the rest of the weekend is his own. The times that I've talked to him on the phone, he's sounded half-alive and half-awake. I'm sure you get used to the schedule after a while, but I think I can speak on Eric's behalf and say that the first week has been very intense.

As for me, I think I'm going to have a lot of time for creative endeavors. I think I'd also better find a good social circle, because Eric will have about 10 minutes of talking in him at night before he collapses in sheer exhaustion!

No comments: